1. All those ads you see and hear about attorney referral services (you know those 1-800 numbers) well they are just adding a middle man to your case. They will refer you to their own clinics and attorneys that pay them for the referral. Who do you think pays for that? Folks, you don't ever get something for nothing and the bottom line is that those fees indirectly coming out of your pocket... and what's more upsetting is that you may not be referred to the best clinic for your type of injury but instead to the one who has paid the most money. Yuck! Don't gamble with this, your health is not for sale to the highest bidder. You can see any attorney or physician you like without calling a 1-800 referral service. By the way it is illegal for a referral company to call you after an accident and tell you to go to their clinic but many do just that and pretend that they are with your insurance company... this is not legal.
2. Hospitals are the only facilities that are not under a fee schedule so they can charge whatever they want and they do! Many involved in an accident will receive CAT scans that Medicare would only pay about $350 for but when your in an auto accident they will charge you $3500 per scan that's 10x more and they many times will do 3 scans at $10,500. To put salt on all your wounds most times the scans are not needed and not the gold standard like an MRI. Many are told to get an MRI after the hospital uses up all the insurance. Also CAT scans expose you to dangerous levels of radiation.
3. After the accident you have exactly 14 days where you must see health professional or your case expires. You do not need to go to the hospital but of course if you are seriously injured the emergency room maybe the best place to go via ambulance. All florida drivers pay for $10,000 in PIP benefits but the insurance company only has to pay $2500 unless you get an EMC (emergency medical condition) from a physician within the 14 days. Most doctors don't even know what an EMC is, then you get stuck with a bill that gets denied. Make sure you always get an EMC with 14 days.
4. Insurance companies won’t help you find a doctor after an accident hoping you’ll wait more than 14 days so they don’t have to pay. Many patients are left without coverage when the hospital tells them to go see their primary doctor and they find out their primary won’t even see them because they do not have the resources to treat auto injuries.
5. Research shows auto injuries improperly treated (using only drugs and shots) will usually lead to scar tissue, fibrosis, herniations, stenosis and degenerative spinal arthritis causing chronic pain. Most clinics are not equipped or trained to correct structural damage. Always ask how they treat your injuries before you choose a facility.
We use advanced modalities like Hako Med, Laser, Vax-D, PEMF, Acupressure and specialized Whiplash Cervical Disc Protocols. Our treatments are designed to make you feel better while healing the injury. Onsite Digital X-Rays and same day MRI's mean you will not have to wait to get better. Don’t wait too long. You need to be evaluated quickly, within 14 days, to receive you maximum benefits. You get to choose who treats your serious auto injury. We have same day and emergency appointments available.
CALL RIGHT NOW (239) 275-7575